About Utility Associates:
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology company – a pioneer in the digital evidence industry. As part of our talented team you can help us work toward making our communities safer through transparency. We are a proud US manufacturer and supplier of software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile digital multimedia evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations.
The primary function of this role is to oversee and perform the training of customers and various stakeholders. You will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects that support departmental timelines, company goals and objectives. A successful candidate will have or embody the traits of: a self-starter, require little to no supervision, strong work ethic, professional and neat appearance, clean driving record, advanced troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical and user training programs and orientation to multiple stakeholders.
- Provides support to customers regarding the use of the Utility application.
- Provides guidance to all users on best practices with all aspects of the utility platform.
- Confers with clients to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives, and technologies.
- Work closely with the Training Supervisor and Project Managers to coordinate training schedules, and training demands of the client.
- In collaboration with the Training Supervisor, formulates teaching outline and determines the most effective instructional methods.
- Provides users with teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Communicates and updates training schedules and progress to clients and Training Manager.
- Assists clients with problems concerning “how to” perform specific tasks related to their positions.
- Keeps abreast of new offerings or changes to training offerings and schedules
- Continuously enhances technical instructional delivery and presentation skills
- Develops strong relationships with internal and external clients to develop course materials and receive feedback.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Must have a strong work ethic and demonstrates the ability to work well with others.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively with little direction.
- Must be dependable and consistently follow through with given and ongoing tasks.
- Employees are expected to arrive at work on time and fully prepared for their scheduled shifts, maintaining regular and consistent attendance.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Preferred Associate degree in Training and Development, Education, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in technical training, instructional design, material development.
- Preferred law enforcement experience and training in such an environment.
- Familiar with all Utility technology. Preferred
- Trainer must be available to travel 75% of the time Headquarters and Various Travel sites
- Demonstrates written and verbal skills by having a ready, clear and concise flow of words, appropriate and varied word choice, concise and succinct statement of ideas, and able to address relevant responses.
- Sound understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design, and their respective practical application.
- Ability to deliver effective training courses in-person and remotely (WebEx, video, etc.)
- Ability to break down technical concepts into easy-to-understand training methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphics software, networks, hardware, and operating systems.
- Functions in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities.
- Ability to establish goals and achieve results within defined timelines and with minimal oversight
- Excellent communication skills, strong team player, ability to gain trust & build relationships
- A self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Must remain up to date on the latest product issues, recalls, and customer service-related items.
- Will work with the Training Supervisor to strategize service execution of factory recalls or other similar situations where custom processes and techniques may enhance customer service and profitability.
- Holds an active Clearance or has the ability to complete and obtain CJIS certification or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Familiar with Google Suite products
- Must be organized, productive and results-driven
- Must be able to work as independently as an individual contributor with little direction
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred experience in networking
- Must be able to adapt to change and willing to take on new challenges, ready to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- The Trainer must be fully capable of training on their own and understands the essential and best implementation practices. (before 90 Days Probation period is over)
- Travel as required 75%
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, there will be: frequent use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; continually required to sit, stand, talk or hear and utilization of hands and finger dexterity; occasionally required to balance, bend, stoop or kneel; occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 40 pounds; continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
Utility Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply HERE