Utility, Inc. is a vertically integrated US manufacturer and supplier of an intelligent ecosystem of software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, Digital Multimedia Evidence management systems, and situational awareness software solutions for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and utilities. We provide software as a service to over 350 customers that are mostly in the Law Enforcement sector.
Our ecosystem collects a large amount of data from all connected devices to provide actionable and timely insights to our customers. The next generation of our offerings will include Al driven analysis of data to provide both predictive and prescriptive initiatives to our customers. Our plan is to build a data science team that will help us gain valuable insights from disparate data sources (databases, text files, media files, …)
Our employees enjoy a great working environment, catered lunches 4 days a week, unlimited snacks and coffee, free parking, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401k Match, Employee Assistance Program, company paid life insurance, STD, & LTD, and many other perks.
- Serve as the technical lead helping junior engineers with development efforts.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of existing products and services.
- Analyze, design and develop software applications.
- Create a unit testing environment to validate modular assumptions.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Provide documents for the application.
- Remain current with new technologies and methodologies.
- Determine process improvements and best practices.
- 3+ years of work experience. Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- Proven creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Broad experience designing, programming and implementing large scale applications.
- Hands-on experience with Databases, AWS, Front end Design, JSF, and Apache and SQL.
- Experience with modern development tools.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel sofied. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply Here