About Us: Utility is an innovative technology company that continually delivers groundbreaking digital systems for frontline professions that depend on speed, accuracy, easy-to-access data, and transparency in their work. Immerse yourself in our vibrant culture. At Utility Associates Inc., we foster a purpose-driven environment that values ethical practices and teamwork. We prioritize transparency and trust-building, creating a supportive atmosphere for growth and innovation. Our team wholeheartedly embraces diversity, promoting an inclusive harmony. We highly value work-life balance and celebrate employees’ contributions within a recognition-driven culture. Join us at Utility Associates Inc. for a fulfilling experience where positive impact and collaboration shape a brighter future.
Why join us? Utility provides a comprehensive program for our employees’ five pillars of wellbeing and benefits:
● Emotional Health: Paid Time Off – 3 weeks per calendar year
● Physical Health: Selection of ten group health plans to fit every family situation – several are fully paid for employees and dependents. Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Health Savings Accounts are available.
● Social Health: Community Online Academy on a variety of courses for personal development
● Professional Health: Tuition Reimbursement for College Courses and Continuing Education Expenses
● Financial Health: Retirement Savings Plan with 100% match up to 4% with immediate vesting
● Other Benefits: Voluntary Insurance, Basic Life AD&D, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
● Enjoy a free chef-inspired lunch Monday-Thursday: Treat yourself to a delicious chef-inspired lunch provided by the company from Monday to Thursday, eliminating the need to worry about meal planning and preparation during those days.
Your Role: A Senior Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various programming languages mainly targeted to devices. Ideal candidates will be familiar with the full embedded software development cycle. This will include creating test software for design validation, writing test scripts to allow technicians to debug hardware, production test software (both on-device and test fixtures), and production-level release code ownership. A senior embedded engineer is also required to serve as the technical lead to junior engineers who may be working on specific projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the technical lead, helping junior engineers with development efforts
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of existing products and services.
- Own Production Test Software both on device and platform testing devices at Contract Manufacturers
- Assist with new design debugging.
- Analyze, design, and develop software applications.
- Create a unit testing environment to validate modular assumptions.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other business users, project managers, and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Provide documents for the application.
- Remain current with new technologies and methodologies.
- Determine process improvements and best practices.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of proven full-stack development experience is required.
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large-scale applications.
- Hands-on experience with Linux is required.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Front-end Design, JSF, Python, and Apache is preferred.
- Experience with modern development tools, including debuggers for ARM processors.
- Broad experience with programming for standard communication/system protocols for embedded systems (I2C, SPI, JTAG, UART, GPIO)
- Experience with implementing software allowing new design debugging.
- Hands-on experience with Production Test Software to validate designs in a production environment.
- Experience with standard engineering lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
Joining the team: If you’re a motivated and experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer with a passion for creating software and hardware solutions that are integrated into electronics and automotive systems for process optimization and operational excellence, we invite you to join our team. Help us create superior utility products that have a lasting impact on our customers’ lives.
Click to apply, HERE