Welcome to Utility Associates! Are you ready for a new and exciting career?!
We have an awesome team with amazing benefits and competitive pay! See more about how Utility is changing the world of technology!
Utility, Inc. is a vertically integrated US manufacturer and supplier of an intelligent ecosystem of software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, Digital Multimedia Evidence management systems, and situational awareness software solutions for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and utilities. We provide software as a service to over 350 customers that are mostly in the Law Enforcement sector, with branches in Utilities and Transportation.
Our ecosystem collects a large amount of data from all connected devices to provide actionable and timely insights to our customers. The next generation of our offerings will include Al driven analysis of data to provide both predictive and prescriptive initiatives to our customers. Our plan is to build a data science team that will help us gain valuable insights from disparate data sources (databases, text files, media files, …)
Reporting to the Product Manager, the garment assembler associate will be responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks in our production department. The ideal candidate will have shipping, receiving and assembly experience. Must be available Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm and work OT as needed.
- Assist the production department with the various needs as instructed.
- Use general hand tools including drills.
- Ability to learn various and unique techniques required for production.
- Test/Configure Holster Sensors, and Media Controllers
- Navigate a PC.
- Work within Google email – Communicate internally and externally through use of email.
- Record data in spreadsheets.
- Perform inventory counts.
- Work on the production and assembly line with consistent speed and accuracy.
- Ensure that production requirements and standards are met consistently.
- Make every effort to increase productivity and efficiency without compromising quality.
- Report any machinery issues to management.
- Work cooperatively with the production team to meet quotas and goals.
- Assist the seamstresses with mounts and items they need – mounts, snapping buttons, cutting zippers, making lanners clips, etc.
- Prepare items to go to shipping.
- Waste removal – take out garbage.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to management.
- Follow all written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years’ experience working in industrial production
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Capable of reading and understanding production documents
- Google email and drive experience
- Microsoft Office experience-Excel and Word
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Basic computer skills and data entry
- Good communication skills
- Able to multitask
- Attention for detail is a must
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, and reaching up to 50lbs consistently
- Able to work 6 to 8 hour shifts standing for extended periods of time
- Reliable and punctual
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Local travel by car may be required (no more than 10% of the time).
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We have a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, HSA/FSA options, MetLegal, Life Insurance, company paid Short-term disability, and we offer Long term disability. There are bonus incentives and many other perks. The company pays 80% of the medical insurance premium so the employees’ cost is minimal. We also have free coffee, sodas, snacks and a chef that caters our lunch 4 days a week – free to employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply here