The Product Manager is responsible for identifying, assessing, and lifecycle managing IP-based camera services for Public Safety and other market segments. For this new product offering, the Product Manager will create and deliver product marketing materials and help support qualified sales opportunities. The Product Manager is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the Product lifecycle, including market and competitor analysis, identifying customer needs, documenting product requirements, developing, and articulating market positioning, value proposition, and defining a solution roadmap.
The Product Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders including executives, engineering, sales, marketing, finance, operations, and technical support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. the Product Manager will develop an expert level of understanding of customer experience, enabling technologies, and competing offers.
In addition, the Product Manager will strive to deliver solutions that align with the company vision, overall strategy and goals while meeting market needs and ensuring solutions are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard.
Ultimately, the Product Manager will have an expert level of understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for growth and create strategic product roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiating features.
- Drive implementation of approved plan to achieve agreed upon market growth objectives.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Perform user acceptance testing for new products/features.
- Manage a small portfolio of devices to be incorporated into end-to-end solutions and deployed to Public Safety and related entities. Define performance specifications for enabling hardware (eg, cameras, network appliances).
- Conduct beta and pilot programs for new products/features.
- Make creative recommendations for new products, and to improve the performance of existing services.
- Work with sales and customer service teams to solicit feedback on products and services.
- Serve as an in-house expert for our products, the market, relevant technology, and competition. Be the go-to person for functional issues and questions.
- Provide support for product demonstrations, trade shows and similar marketing activities.
- Support and help deliver go to market launch plans. Work closely with marketing, executives, and engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Keep abreast of goings-on in the industry including competitive analysis.
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or a Certified Product Manager (CPM)
- Five to seven (5 – 7) years of work experience as a product manager or as an associate product manager focused on B2B SaaS-based services. Experience with camera and video-based services is highly desired.
- Strong understanding of IP cameras, integration and networking of video-based services including frameworks such as RTSP, ONVIF, H264, and H265.
- Experience in public safety is a plus but not required.
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Skilled at working effectively and influencing cross functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Sound judgement and good business acumen.
- Ability to quickly establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal and client-facing communication skills.
- Skilled at communicating in engineering jargon and non-technical language as well as translating between the two.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
Up to 30%, depending on customer and company needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The employee must be able to travel via automobile or airline unassisted
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel . All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
About Utility Associates:
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology company – a pioneer in the digital evidence industry. As part of our talented team, you can help us work toward making our communities safer through transparency. We are a proud US manufacturer and supplier of BodyWorn software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile digital multimedia evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations.