The Product Manager is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the Product lifecycle, including market and competitor analysis, identifying customer requirements, defining product specification, developing, and articulating market positioning and value proposition and developing a solution roadmap. The Product Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders including executives, engineering, sales, marketing, finance, operations, and technical support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
In addition, the Product Manager will strive to deliver solutions that align with the company vision, overall strategy and goals while meeting market needs and ensuring solutions are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard.
Ultimately, the Product Manager will have an expert level of understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write the business case for new services or markets and gain internal approval
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements to include resources and deliverables (Market Requirement Document / Product Requirement Document)
- Define product pricing strategy and development of customer price guides
- Develop product positioning strategy and roadmap, identifying the key benefits and value of products to both internally and with key external partners
- Drive implementation of approved plan to achieve agreed upon market growth objectives
- Schedule beta and pilot programs with preproduction devices
- Identify areas for growth and create strategic product line roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiating features
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Deliver a regular (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue and profit forecasts
- Collect, manage, and maintain traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases
- Develop and deliver go to market launch plans. Work closely with marketing, executives and engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Serve as an in-house expert for our products, the market, relevant technology and competition. Be the go-to person for all functional issues and questions
- Work with sales and customer service teams to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Provide support and strategy for Trade Show displays and arrangements
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Keep abreast of the goings-on in the industry
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Participate in daily/weekly meetings, planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Conduct technical product benchmarks and competitive analyses to feed marketing/sales activities
- Develop and manage relationships with key Utility OEM suppliers
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a Certified Product Manager (CPM)
- Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager, 5-7 years required
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Sound judgement and good business acumen
- Ability to quickly establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Superb presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Strong experience or coursework in Software Development, Systems Engineering, or Software Product Management
- Technical knowledge of complex software systems, including enterprise, middleware, firmware, and embedded systems
- Ability to understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and remain flexible in the face of uncertainty
- Skilled at communicating in engineering jargon and non-technical language as well as translating between the two
Up to 30%, depending on customer and company needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The employee must be able to travel via automobile or airline unassisted
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel . All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
About Utility Associates:
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology company – a pioneer in the digital evidence industry. As part of our talented team, you can help us work toward making our communities safer through transparency. We are a proud US manufacturer and supplier of BodyWorn software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile digital multimedia evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations.