The Product Manager is responsible for identifying, assessing, and lifecycle managing the end user devices for Public Safety offers. The portfolio of devices includes smartphones, high resolution cameras, cellular modems, tablets, digital video recorders, and a variety of accessories and sensors. These are critical, enabling elements used in the delivery of end-to-end solutions using a subscription-based services model.
In addition, the Product Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders including executives, engineering, sales, marketing, finance, operations, and technical support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Ultimately, the Product Manager will develop an expert level of understanding of customer experience, enabling technologies, and competing offers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of devices to be incorporated into end-to-end solutions and deployed to Public Safety and related entities.
- Define performance specifications (eg, battery life, camera resolution).
- Analyze build, buy, partner opportunities.
- Identify potential device manufacturers/sources to utilize.
- Procure and help test devices to ensure they deliver the desired level of performance.
- Conduct beta and pilot programs for new products/features.
- Define when a device is end of life and identify replacements.
- Make creative recommendations for new products, and to improve the performance of existing services.
- Develop and manage relationships with key OEM suppliers, including improving procurement costs.
- Work with sales and customer service teams to solicit feedback on products and services.
- Serve as an in-house expert for our products, the market, relevant technology and competition. Be the go-to person for functional issues and questions.
- Provide support for product demonstrations, trade shows and similar marketing activities.
- Support and help deliver go to market launch plans. Work closely with marketing, executives and engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Deliver a regular (e.g. monthly) sales volume, revenue and profit forecasts
- Keep abreast of goings-on in the industry including competitive analysis.
Experience and Skills:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a Certified Product Manager (CPM)
- Five to seven (5 – 7) years of work experience as a product manager or as an associate product manager focused on electronic devices. Experience with camera and video devices is a plus.
- Experience in public safety is a plus but not required
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Skilled at working effectively and influencing cross functional teams
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Sound judgment and good business acumen
- Ability to quickly establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and client-facing communication skills
- Skilled at communicating in engineering jargon and non-technical language as well as translating between the two
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience with electronic devices and related technologies
This position will have no direct supervision responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, there will be: frequent use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; continually required to sit, stand, talk or hear and utilization of hands and finger dexterity; occasionally required to balance, bend, stoop or kneel; occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds; continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional overtime.
Up to 30%, depending on customer and company needs
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel . All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
About Utility Associates:
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology company – a pioneer in the digital evidence industry. As part of our talented team, you can help us work toward making our communities safer through transparency. We are a proud US manufacturer and supplier of BodyWorn software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile digital multimedia evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations.