A pioneer in the tech industry, Utility Associates is proudly a US manufacturer and supplier of BodyWorn software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile Digital Multimedia Evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations.
The primary functions of this role include working closely with our customers onsite and managing the deployments of our technology while troubleshooting issues. You will maintain the quality of the installs and ensure the programming meets and exceeds expectations.
The ideal candidate loves to travel, have flexibility in their schedule, and have a background in the automotive industry – in car stereo installations/aftermarket technology and have experience in IT. The ultimate candidate will be an excellent customer service provider that is also able to successfully support departmental timelines, company goals, and objectives.
Travel 100% (Our projects run from 1 week to 6 weeks – the schedule is different depending on the job)
- Perform onsite installation activities
- Understand the customer requirements
- Tie the workflow to the schedule and meet timelines
- Track and document the progression of the work with detailed notes
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Cooperate and collaborate with the support team in sharing information across the organization
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Work independently to transfer information to peers and customers
- Complete site surveys prior to deployment
- Create site survey documents/coordinate with the project manager regarding supplies needed
- Keep an open line of communication with the client and Utility stakeholders
- Install and configure Utility’s hardware
- Train / oversee third-party installation’s with periodic quality checks of install and work performed
- Train the client how to install/troubleshoot Utility’s products
- Ensure all hardware/software is working as expected by the client
- Train the end-users on Utility’s software
- Participate in Utility operations weekly call
- Additional duties as required
- High school diploma
- COMP Tia Certifications or other IT certifications preferred
- Must be willing to obtain the CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System) certification) company paid
- A+, Security + and Network + certifications preferred
- Clean driving record
- Must be proficient in the following:
- Google Suite
- Microsoft 365
- Basic hand tools
- Network functions
- Knowledge of automotive electrical systems and accessory installations
- Troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently as an individual contributor with little direction
- Must be able to travel to sites and stay overnight as required
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to operate hand tools, work with wiring, technical equipment, and use a keyboard
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Will be discussed during the initial interview.ng base compensation w/ great potential to grow with the company and into a Technical Engineer!
Willing to work with anyone in the tri-state of Boston, and Connecticut surrounding areas.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
Please apply HERE