An Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology company – a pioneer in the digital evidence industry. As part of our talented team, you can help us work toward making our communities safer through transparency. We are a proud US manufacturer and supplier of BodyWorn software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile digital multimedia evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations. The Director of Client Success is responsible for managing overall client satisfaction by overseeing a team of Account Managers, Client Specialists and Client Experience personnel who are dedicated to driving client satisfaction in the day-to-day performance of their positions. Ensure that client success milestones/goals are met, and quotas and budgets are achieved. Duties include relaying information between upper management and the client success teams regarding renewals, quotas, and client success methodologies, overseeing the implementation of client campaigns to promote business products and services, and hiring and training Client Success team members.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish and implement short and long-range goals, revenue plans, objectives, policies, and operating procedures consistent with Utility’s strategic business plan.
- Play a hands-on, direct role in driving client satisfaction through enhanced interactions, including leading meetings and helping to close renewal and upsell deals.
- Recruit, hire and manage a high performing Account Management, Client Specialist and Client Experience team.
- Develop the strategy and priorities across the client base.
- Understand and drive a solution sales methodology to the client base.
- Clearly articulate and differentiate our value proposition to executive decision makers.
- Ability to craft solutions that meet business goals based on client interaction.
- Analyze warranty claims, client feedback and recommend new strategies to drive higher satisfaction.
- Understand the sales process and buying cycle – must demonstrate the ability to close deals.
- Understand the product in depth and communicate that product differentiation to the client base.
- Capability to create and take advantage of self-generated opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal departments (sales, marketing, product management) to ensure that campaigns align with product launches and client needs.
- Research, plan, and incorporate insightful talking points for each potential business development opportunity within the geographical region.
- Build trust and cultivate solid relationships with clients to drive client satisfaction.
- Be a player/coach with an annual quota target of renewal and upsell bookings for assigned regions.
- Perform industry and market research to understand what our client base has interest in and desires.
- Review current strategies and go-to-market plans for weaknesses and develop solutions within budget constraints.
- Travel and attend trade-related events throughout the year, as needed.
- Brainstorm fresh ideas with senior management.
- Support strategy and execution of various sales and marketing events (including webinars and conferences).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field or equivalent experience is required.
- 10+ years of direct sales experience with an understanding of the public safety industry is required.
- Track record of consistent above quota performance.
- Solid track record of delivering long-term renewal contract bookings that lead to profitable revenue growth.
- Knowledge of sales-related business practices.
- Proficient with sales-related software programs, such as HubSpot and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated history of building successful client satisfaction focused teams.
- Effective communication skills and adaptable communication style for interacting with team members, upper management, and clients.
- Time management and organizational skills to plan and execute both large and small renewal, add-on and upsell sales campaigns and initiatives.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills to motivate team members and manage conflict.
- Track record and capability of evaluating and subsequently growing client satisfaction teams from initial hire to a national organization.
- Proven ability to perform in high-visibility, high-growth environments.
- Must be a team player, give and take constructive feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Creative, energetic and self-driven.
- Must be able to adapt to change and willing to take on new challenges, ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Must be highly organized with outstanding time management skills.
- Significant travel as needed and required.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
- Consistently achieve monthly team goals (renewal percentages and growth attainment)
- Job Types: Contract, Full-time
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
About Utility Associates:
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology company – a pioneer in the digital evidence industry. As part of our talented team you can help us work toward making our communities safer through transparency. We are a proud US manufacturer and supplier of BodyWorn software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile digital multimedia evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations.