Utility, Inc. is a vertically integrated US manufacturer and supplier of an intelligent ecosystem of software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, Digital Multimedia Evidence management systems, and situational awareness software solutions for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and utilities. We provide software as a service to over 350 customers that are mostly in the Law Enforcement sector.
Our ecosystem collects a large amount of data from all connected devices to provide actionable and timely insights to our customers. The next generation of our offerings will include Al driven analysis of data to provide both predictive and prescriptive initiatives to our customers. Our plan is to build a data science team that will help us gain valuable insights from disparate data sources (databases, text files, media files, …)
Our employees enjoy a great working environment, catered lunches 4 days a week, unlimited snacks and coffee, free parking, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401k Match, Employee Assistance Program, company paid life insurance, STD, & LTD, and many other perks.
AWS DevOps Job Description
The AWS Cloud/Devops Engineer will be working with the engineering team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code. The Engineer will work closely with the manager of Infrastructure operations and Devops to build, manage and automate our AWS infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems.
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, SQS, ECS, Lambda, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, S3, …)
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration
- Experience with Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, ELK and deploying applications on AWS
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
- Strong bias for action and ownership
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel sofied. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply Here