Utility, Inc. is a vertically integrated US manufacturer and supplier of an intelligent ecosystem of software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, Digital Multimedia Evidence management systems, and situational awareness software solutions for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and utilities. We provide software as a service to over 350 customers that are mostly in the Law Enforcement sector.
Our ecosystem collects a large amount of data from all connected devices to provide actionable and timely insights to our customers. The next generation of our offerings will include Al driven analysis of data to provide both predictive and prescriptive initiatives to our customers. Our plan is to build a data science team that will help us gain valuable insights from disparate data sources (databases, text files, media files, …)
Our employees enjoy a great working environment, catered lunches 4 days a week, unlimited snacks and coffee, free parking, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401k Match, Employee Assistance Program, company paid life insurance, STD, & LTD, and many other perks.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our engineering efforts with insights gained from analyzing data collected from connected devices used by our customers across the country. These will include mobile and in-car devices that collect video, audio, digital inputs, GPS and other sensor data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
We are an AWS partner, most of our workload runs on AWS infrastructure. We use several AWS services where we see benefit to our company and customers. We expect our candidates to be familiar with cloud infrastructure and service mainly provided by AWS.
Utility is responsible for maintaining sensitive (CJIS) data and as such we require all our engineers that have access to data go through a federal background check prior to employment.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate the collection of data
- Analyze large amounts of data to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine learning algorithms
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with the engineering and product development teams to identify opportunities for leveraging collected data to drive business solutions.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams. A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: Python, C, C++, Java.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: SageMaker, Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
Please send your resume or apply here