Utility, Inc. is a vertically integrated US manufacturer and supplier of an intelligent ecosystem of software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, Digital Multimedia Evidence management systems, and situational awareness software solutions for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and utilities. We provide software as a service to over 350 customers that are mostly in the Law Enforcement sector.
Our ecosystem collects a large amount of data from all connected devices to provide actionable and timely insights to our customers. The next generation of our offerings will include Al driven analysis of data to provide both predictive and prescriptive initiatives to our customers. Our plan is to build a data science team that will help us gain valuable insights from disparate data sources (databases, text files, media files, …)
Our employees enjoy a great working environment, catered lunches 4 days a week, unlimited snacks and coffee, free parking, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401k Match, Employee Assistance Program, company paid life insurance, STD, & LTD, and many other perks.
We are seeking to hire a technically skilled database administrator that is capable of holding positions of great responsibility. In this role, you’ll be the first respondent to database problems that arise and carry out periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
To ensure success as a database administrator, you should be an excellent problem-solver and communicator that is fluent in most data manipulation languages. Ultimately, a top-notch database administrator should have extensive knowledge of the databases under their administration and display sound technical skills and administrative aptitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise.
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
- Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access.
- Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss.
- Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance.
- Suggesting changes and improvements for database maintenance or protection.
- Regularly liaising with IT project managers and database programmers.
- Designing databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a database administrator.
- Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle Database, Hadoop, or PostgreSQL.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Capable of working under pressure.
- Up to date with trends and developments in database administration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel sofied. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply Here